VES is dedicated to creating an engaging and supportive learning environment for all its children. As parents and teachers we want all children to develop at a similar pace and level but it is important to recognise that no two children are the same; each child has their own unique learning style. To enable each child to reach their full academic potential, the Learning Development department offers additional support to enhance the individual learning capacity of our children.
We focus on building an autonomous and interactive atmosphere to make the children feel understood and welcomed. We use a wide range of resources to meet the diverse needs of our children which may include cognitive, physical, emotional and social needs.
Our aim is to equip our children with the skills necessary to overcome academic challenges and to enable them to do so with confidence.
Our team consists of staff with extensive experience in assessment and in implementing supportive strategies for our children.
At VES we offer support to our children through:
- Assessing children to identify the support they require
- Devising Individual Education Plans (IEPs)
- Setting up group activities for the children
- Offering one-on-one in class assistance
- Working and supporting class teachers in ensuring they implement differentiation in their lesson
- Talks and presentations about specific types of support
- Meeting with, guiding and supporting parents with IEPs
- Advising parents how they can help their child outside the school environment
If your child is identified as someone who would benefit from support offered by Learning Development, the school will contact parents to arrange a meeting. The level of support will be discussed, along with the fees for the additional support provided.
Head of Learning Development